Subject: Re: video seq.s w/PAR-TBCIV
From: "Raymond A. Nittolo" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 23:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

One project, my client was offering to videotape golfers and their games. 
He needed an opening for it. I bid on it. The bid included me acquiring 
footage of a golfer, shot straight on. As he hit the ball, I would follow 
it through the air, zooming out to reveal the flag and hole. I would then 
give the fellow a hole in one. The price was a little to steep for him. 
Never letting a project slip through my fingers so easily, I dropped my 
price and we would use his existing footage. Which really is much more 
difficult because you really do not know the particulars. You also come 
up with annoying little camera moves you have to contend with.

Grabbed his footage with the aforementioned process and composited my 
golfball into the picture. It flew in from the top left of the screen. As 
the footage he supplied did not give me the room to put the ball in the 
cup from the front, I had it hit past the hole bounce three times 
backwards (helluva slice) into the hole. After a short pause, the ball 
bounced back out 
of the hole, flying towards the camera. It then morphed into a box that 
contained footage of two golfers approaching each other and engaging in 
an exagerrated handshake, this then morphed into a grabbed image of his 
logo that appears on his videotape sleeve. The logo is of two golfers, 
shaking hands over a hole in one. I could not have planned a shot much 
better.

The PAR performed beautifully. All source images originated from the PAR 
and was written back to the PAR (filter off).

The client was amazed and delighted with the resulting quality and 
creativity and opened WIDE his wallet. After all is said and done, thats 
what it's all about. I have many more such projects if you are so inclined,
email me as I have already used much bandwidth.

Later,  Ray

Raymond A. Nittolo
Random Access Internet Shell account
Standard disclaimers apply.
Email: [email-masked]

On Mon, 9 Oct 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> <---- Begin Included Message ---->
> From: "Raymond A. Nittolo" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Thats the best advice I can give. Dump your footage to whatever you have 
> available and start deleting. Play with you settings until you get it the 
> way you like. It is one of my biggest money makers (compositing).
> <---- End Included Message ---->
> 
> 	Really?!?  I'm intriqued:  what kind of projects/clients are 
> 	requesting this service?
> 
> ***********************************************
> ** [email-masked]    |  Synergy Graphix & Animation
> ** Welcome to Seattle, have a latte'!
> ** Don't make me force it down your throat.....
> ************************************************
> 
> --
> [email-masked] sent this message.
> To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
> Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
> (DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
> Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]
> 
--
"Raymond A. Nittolo" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]